In comparison with the other employment and family-based Green Card categories, the EB-5 program offers an expedited way for qualified foreign investors to obtain a US Green Card and US citizenship.
- Foreign investors do not need sponsorship from an employer or family member.
- There are no language, business, or education requirements for applicants.
- Investors who receive a Green Card through the EB-5 program are permitted to work and live anywhere in the US.
- Investors who receive a Green Card can travel to and from the United States without a visa.
- After establishing residency in the United States, investors and their children may be able to pay lower college and university tuition rates than foreign students.
- To qualify for the EB-5 program, a foreign investor must invest at least $500,000 in a new commercial enterprise located in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA), which is defined as a rural location or a location experiencing an unemployment rate that is at least 150% of the national average. If the new commercial enterprise is not located within a TEA, then the threshold investment amount is $1,000,000. Regardless of the minimum investment amount, the investment must be shown to create or maintain at least ten direct, indirect, or induced jobs within the vicinity of the project.
- For additional information regarding eligibility and the EB-5 program, visit uscis.gov
- Identify and select an EB-5 compliant investment opportunity
- Fund required “At-Risk” capital contribution into escrow
- File I-526 petition with USCIS
- File to adjust status in US, or follow consular process in home country
- Receive a conditional Green Card
- File I-829 petition 2 years after receipt of conditional Green Card
- Receive permanent Green Card
- Eligible to apply for permanent US Citizenship after 5 years of residency
U.S. Based Applicants: Special Information
If you are in the U.S. and a visa is currently available, you may be eligible to concurrently apply for adjustment of status!
Contact us to set an appointment to meet with our immigration specialists.